As your business grows and evolves, your company processes and knowing how to handle change management become increasingly important. These changes and updates include continuous management of your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, such as Salesforce. Once implemented, Salesforce can evolve with your business, including integrating pre or custom built applications, utilizing new Salesforce updates and enabling connectors based on your business needs. Change management is imperative to not only your ever-evolving business processes, but also due to constant innovations within the Salesforce ecosystem. To be successful, you must understand how to effectively manage change, ways to govern change management and strategies to ensure change adoption.
Effective Change Management
Change management is the process of managing changes within an organization and for this instance, we will focus specifically on change management as it relates to business processes in Salesforce. The importance of keeping up with Salesforce innovations and other changes gives your organization the knowledge that you are adding continuous value. Effectively managing change will have a positive impact on your employees, customers and your overall ROI. A successive process, as follows, is an effective approach:
- High level/long-term view: Know your big picture – what are your organization’s long-term goals and what results do you hope to achieve? What metrics & key performance indicators (KPIs) are important to you?
- Defined goals/short-term view: To achieve the overall long-term goal, short-term goals and action plans must first be determined. Having specific action items set up for each month including trainings, meetings, and other user adoption strategies will help to achieve these short-term goals and eventually your organization’s long-term goals.
Using a successive process and supplying your team with checkpoints along the way can help ensure immediate user adoption. In addition, upon initializing change implementation, having your company’s Salesforce expert or Salesforce implementation and consulting partner, such as RelationEdge, available to answer any questions that may arise due to changes is imperative.
How to Govern Change Management
Your company’s stakeholders must be all in to govern change, mandating the change management processes when items go-live. In addition, project managers should have a tactical plan to make the transition run as smoothly as possible. This tactical plan should include training programs, office hours, etc. to manage change appropriately and increase the success of user adoption. Project Managers should also review the changes and provide feedback, creating and improving your business’ roadmap to success!
Steps to Ensure Change Adoption
To ensure change adoption, there must be clear visibility of the big picture and each team member must own the responsibility of learning the changes and participating in the trainings, office hours, etc.
The process for Salesforce adoption as it applies to change management and adoption is illustrated below:
We Can Help
Changing business processes are necessary due to evolving business needs and constant Salesforce innovations. Continually making changes and adding phases means added value and continued success for your business! Follow these simple steps for effective change management:
- Clear visibility of the big picture
- Well defined goals and action plans in place
- Conduct proper training
- Approach change in bite sized pieces
- Have executive’s mandate change management
- Review the new processes and provide feedback as needed
Schedule a business process review and learn how RelationEdge can assist with your change management!