Any savvy digital marketer knows that infographics are one of the most effective ways to capture an audience’s attention. Our brains are highly visual:
- ½ of the brain is dedicated to visual information
- 65% of the population are visual learners
- The brain processes visual content 60,000x faster than text
And images and infographics are very effective marketing tools:
- Blog posts with relevant images receive 94% more page visits and engagement
- Colorful visuals increase willingness to read a piece of content by 80%
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3x more than other content types
Google Trends shows that search volume for infographics started rising in 2010, and has increased every year since then.
One of the hardest parts of completing your own infographic is communicating with designers about how you want your infographic to look. There are many infographic design styles out there, and each designer will have their own preferred style, strengths, and weaknesses.
Read on below to see four popular infographic styles and find the style that will work best for your project.