As we close out 2016, this is the time to reflect on the past year and to plan for a successful start to 2017. The Salesforce platform can provide you with the tools to approach a new year from taking stock from what was done in the past and how to best prepare for the new year.
- Review your sales opportunities: Take a look at all of your sales opportunities, including the wins and the losses. Are there specific insights you can take from these experiences to guide your sales activity for the year ahead?
- Share best practices with your colleagues and leadership team: Learning and collaborating with your team can help develop strategies to close new business and continuing that momentum at the start of a new year.
- Track marketing campaigns, events, and activities: What messaging and activities drove the best results? What made them successful? Can these be replicated or built upon in 2017?
- Highlight and document industry trends: Are there specific value propositions you can leverage for specific industries? If yes, are there new strategies and focus areas for these industries in the next 12-24 months such as new regulations, competitive challenges, etc.?
Plan for the New Year:
- Sales process: Is your sales process clear and concise? Are there opportunities to refine your sales process to account for changes in your business? Can your process be streamlined to drive more efficient results?
- Sales tools: Do your sellers spend a lot of time on activities that help to drive sales but could be more automated? Providing simple automation to remove some of the manual efforts and streamlining things like the quoting/proposal process can yield great results and improve productivity.
- Lead generation: Are there additional activities or approaches you can take to generate more leads and convert more of these to sales? Are you leveraging a marketing automation tool to better target and attract new clients?
- Marketing collateral and messaging: What refinements or updates should you make to your marketing materials? Are there new avenues to explore to get your messaging out to prospects and to continue to stay in touch with your existing clients?
- Training: Do your sellers and marketers have the right training to represent your products and services? Are there additional investments needed to ensure their readiness is aligned to the company goals for the year?
We Can Help
RelationEdge is a Salesforce Gold Consulting Partner that helps companies implement and manage their Salesforce platform. RelationEdge can work with you to help you define and document your business processes, through a collaborative session with your key stakeholders. RelationEdge can facilitate this discussion and provide guidance and best practice input. Contact us for more information.