There are six key steps to Salesforce adoption: Sponsorship, Enablement, Usage, Management, Data Management & Training. These steps ensure strength in your adoption by your team & help guarantee that your Salesforce adoption is efficient and effective.
- Sponsorship: In the initial stages of your project, it is imperative to establish a wide support base throughout your organization. Good practice is to start at the executive level, guaranteeing you are receiving top quality assistance from the top, down. To ensure their support, executives must understand how Salesforce will help grow their business, such as by increasing revenue and engagement within your support team. Involving executives initially, and building a business case around them, will establish credibility and success.
- Enablement: Make the Salesforce platform an enabler of business visions and objectives. Once you have the executive level buy- in, create a unique business case, focusing on the entire lead to cash business process including sales, marketing, fulfillment, customer service/success, and finance. This focus provides a way to enable your entire process within your environment.
- Usage: Measure the usage based on the following roadmap: First, define an implementation plan and then focus on adoption. To do this, teams should focus on defining the metrics around adoption (login; day-to-day versus just pipelines) in each of these areas. It is also important to focus on driving the right levels of metrics around each specific domain to ensure usage is evolving. Of course, metrics will be different depending on the department observed, whether it is marketing- seen through lead generation or sales- seen through opportunities.
- Management: Drive behavior through productivity gains and management visibility of key metrics. There are two aspects to these key metrics: 1) to make the platform simple and accessible enough to make an individual easily able to use it, and 2) to keep the management involved in monitoring activity. Management should be monitoring key metrics as well as organizing their Salesforce dashboards to track these metrics.
- Data Management: Be relentless with data quality by keeping it simple, setting up standards and encouraging your team to follow these procedures. Data Management can ensure good data by eliminating the chance for duplicate accounts and inaccurate information and having procedures in place allows better visibility, quality data & accurate pipelines. Salesforce provides many tools to help with data quality and proper implementation can help provide processes within your organization.
- Training: Providing timely training, including sharing best practices, successes, challenges & feedback received, will keep your team ever-evolving and up to date. Examples of training methods could include in-person seminars, how-to training videos, and lunch & learns. Providing regular and appropriate training will ensure your business is continuing to improve user adoption.
We Can Help
By increasing focus in the areas of sponsorship, enablement, usage, customer/data management, and training, we can help make certain that your business reaches its full adoption potential. Contact RelationEdge today to help achieve adoption within your business.