The Salesforce World Tour is stopping in Chicago this Thursday, March 24th. This FREE to attend annual event is for all Salesforce customers, prospects and partners. This one-day event can be compared to a localized version, on a much smaller scale in attendance to Dreamforce.
The World Tour is a day packed with activity, so to help you plan your day, here are some tips & highlights on what to expect:
- Register in advance, it makes check-in super easy. Registrants receive an email that contains a QR Code that can be scanned so your badge can be queued up to print upon check-in.
- Event is hosted at McCormick Place, Lakeside Center.
- Driving and parking at the event? Use Lot C, cost is $21/day.
- Attire is business casual.
- Registration and the Customer Success Expo Open at 8 AM!
- There is a coat check; this comes in very handy since the weather varies from hour to hour; you will not have to carry your coat along with you all day!
- Arrive early to the Keynote; it starts with a pre-show at 9:45 AM with the fabulous Peter Coffee, VP for Strategic Research at Salesforce!
- Mike Rosenbaum, EVP, Sales Cloud is the keynote headliner.
- Take time to walk the Expo Floor, there will be Product Showcase Stations, Success Workshops, Partner Kiosks, and Foundation Activities.
- The Customer Success Expo will also contain a DevZone, Admin Zone, and a Trailhead Base Camp. Be on the lookout for a Trailhead Guide to help answer questions and get you pointed in the right direction!
- The Trailhead Trading Post will distribute books to Developers and Admins, they will also award prizes to those attendees who complete the “Quest”
- There will be 3 Quest options:
- End User
- Lunch is served in the Customer Success Expo starting at 11:30 AM.
- There are 5 time slots for sessions, 4 are scheduled after lunch. Click HERE to view a full list of the sessions and start times.
- The Salesforce Admin Team will be presenting a NEW Session at 4 PM called “New Features for Salesforce Admins” – you’ll get a glimpse into new features and how to leverage the Lightning Experience.
- The event ends with a networking reception in the Customer Success Expo, starting at 4:40, ending at 6 PM.
As you can see, the World Tour day is packed with activity and networking opportunities so we hope that this helps to provide you some insight on how to plan your day accordingly!